NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
The University of Florida Tropical Research and Education Center announces a public meeting, hearing, or workshop.
Date and Time:July 31, 2014 – 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m.. – Homestead
August 1, 2014 – 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. – Gainesville
Place:Tropical Research and Education Center,
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Purpose:Candidate interview for Tropical Fruit Entomology Position
A copy of the agenda, if any, may be obtained by writing to University of Florida,Tropical Research and Education Center, at 18905 SW 280th Street, Homestead, FL, or by calling Catharine Mannion at (305)-246-7001x220.
Pursuant to the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, any person requiring special accommodations to participate in this workshop, hearing, or meeting is asked to advise the University of Florida at least 72 hours before the workshop/hearing/meeting by contacting Dr. Catherine Mannion at (305) 246-7001 x 220. If you are hearing or speech impaired, please contact the University by calling 352-846-1046 (TDD).
Any person who wishes to appeal a decision made by the University of Florida Tropical Research and Education Center,with respect to any matter considered at this public meeting, hearing, or workshop, will need a record of the proceedings. For such purpose, he or she may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is based.
The climate, unique soils and hydrology, and subtropical and tropical horticultural crops grown in South Florida provide extensive basic and applied research opportunities. More...
New T.R.E.C. Extension Websites
Find out more about the Extension activities at TREC. More...
To conduct research, education, and outreach, The Center approaches this mission through graduate education, collaborative research with international and domestic partners, outreach, and technical support services. More..
- SCHEDULE - To be posted
- Location: Bldg. 8252 Admin. Conf. Room, 3:00pm - 4:00pm unless otherwise denoted
- TREC Plant Diagnostic Clinic BLOG Updated 5/19/11 (Anthracnose of Sansevieria trifasciata caused by Colletotrichum sansevieriae)
- Freeze protection of tropical fruit crops in Florida
- Freeze protection of tropical fruit crops in Florida – outside Miami-Dade County
- Home landscape cold protection of tropical fruit crops
- FruitScapes 2011
- Evolution of water quality regulations in the UnitedStates and Florida
- Ficus Whitefly & Other Pests of Ficus - Jan 2009
- Avocado Cultivar Viewer
- VIDEO BLOG: MANGO in the home landscape
- Orchid Photo Library