Plum trees are similar to peach trees in that they have similar growth requirements. Several varieties of plum grow well in North and North Central Florida. The video below describes five of these varieties as well as how long it takes for a plum tree to bear fruit. See the publications below for additional information on growing plums in Florida.
You need to upgrade your Flash Player to view this content.
- Growing Plums in Florida
- Prunus angustifolia: Chickasaw Plum
- Prunus cerasifera 'Atropurpurea': Pissard Plum
- Prunus cerasifera 'Newportii': Newport Cherry Plum
- Prunus cerasifera 'Thundercloud': 'Thundercloud' Cherry Plum
- Prunus mexicana: Mexican Plum
- Prunus umbellata: Flatwoods Plum
- Weed Management in Plums