The mission of the UF/IFAS TREC is to develop and disseminate science-based information about tropical horticulture and natural resource sciences through teaching, basic and applied research, and extension, to sustain and enhance the quality of human life and the natural environment.
The UF/IFAS Tropical Research and Education Center (UF/IFAS TREC) is recognized locally, nationally, and internationally as a leading research and education institution for tropical and subtropical horticulture and natural resources and contributes to the economic development and enhancement of the quality of life in Florida.
- We are committed to a welcoming, safe, inclusive, and equitable environment for everyone at UF/IFAS TREC.
- We celebrate our diversity and see it as one of our major strengths, knowing that our community is strengthened by our differences and our commonalities.
- We value the opportunity to share ideas, solve problems, and learn from people with diverse experiences and backgrounds that inform their unique contributions.
- We respect a multiplicity of identities, including but not limited to race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity, nationality, socio-economic status, (dis)ability, age, religious commitment, or political perspectives.
- We strive to promote justice, impartiality, and fairness within our institution and with all we do.
- We believe in showing respect for one and all.
- Global Significance
- Service to Florida