A comprehensive workshop in agricultural acarology, including:
- basic mite morphology and ecology
- an overview of the larger mite families of agricultural importance
- chemical and biological control of mites
- field and lab diagnostics
- invasive/quarantine mite species to the US
- IPM/IMM programs
Target audience: Graduate students, extension agents, government and state agents, biological control practitioners, local growers, and grove managers.
Maximum Capacity: 15 people
Venue: Tropical Research and Education Center, Teaching Building
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify major groups of pest and predatory mites in the lab as well as in the field.
- Identify local pest mites and recommend management strategies.
- Identify natural enemies of pest mites and implement them in an IPM program.
Meeting Days and Times
May 8 - May 12, 2023 - 9 AM-5 PM each day Schedule workshop 2023
May 6- May 10, 2024 - 9 AM-5PM each day
Registration is now open
Fees: Students $300 Others $700